What do we specialize in
Identifying Environmental Impacts
We compile Environmental Management Programmes (EMPr) including construction and Operational aspects for projects that do not fall under the listed activities requirement of Section 24 of NEMA 108 of 1998.
We work on the Environmental Management of Construction Sites which includes environmental control, monitoring and auditing; which entails monitoring of compliance and environmental auditing as per the approved environmental authorisation and environmental management programme of that project.
Our services involve identifying environmental impacts that a particular project might have and advice the client on mitigation measures. We also recognize the social impacts and participate in community meetings. Development and environmental sustainability is of great need in the growing South Africa. The above services are included when compiling the environmental Basic Assessment, scoping/Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and Public Participation Processes. These are undertaken in terms of:
– Government Notices 544, 545 and 546 (Listing Notices 1, 2 & 3) of the EIA Regulations, August 2010, under the National Environmental Management Act (Act No. 107 of 1998) (“NEMA”), as amended;
– Government Notice No. 718 (Category A & B) of the Waste Management Activities, July 2009, under the National Environmental Management: Waste Act (Act No. 59 of 2008) (“NEM: WA”); and / or
– Government Notice No. 248 of the Activities which result in Atmospheric Emissions, March 2010, under the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act (Act No. 39 of 2004) (“NEM: AQA”).
Our approach is based on the following principles:
– Clear understanding of the task and appreciation of client requirements and schedules
– Intimate knowledge of local conditions and understanding of stakeholder concerns
– Extensive understanding of local regulatory processes and procedures
– Practical and innovative solutions
– On time delivery of quality products and services
Here is some feedback from previous clients
CEO - Global Constructions Ltd
Exceptional service and on-time delivery. Thank you for compiling the environmental Basic Assessment.
CEO - FTP Construction Pty Ltd
Thank you for providing great service in Environmental Management and Monitoring for our construction project.
Director - SCR Property Development
Bowa Marang provided a great service in identifying environmental impacts for our construction project. Delivered in budget and on time!
Boipelo Waarts (Managing Director)
Ms. Boipelo Waarts is a young and black driven female who is passionate about the conservation of the environment and the growth and well-being of the community. She is a member of the International Association of Impact Assessment (IAIA) and has since been involved in various environmental initiatives that bring awareness of the importance of environmental management and compliance in development projects and one’s that encourage young people to preserve the environment . She possesses vast knowledge and experience of environmental management and the implementation of environmental legislation as well as project management
Ms. B Waarts has experience in environmental consulting. She holds a BSS Geography and Environmental Management degree from University of KwaZulu Natal and a HWSETA safety, health and environment certificate. In addition she has a certificate in Environmental Law from the University of North West. She has experience in EIA’s and Basic Assessments, Environmental Auditing, Environmental Management Programme and Public involvement.
Ms. Boipelo Waarts is currently the Environmental Assessment Practitioner and Managing member of BOWA Marang Consulting and is involved in managing the day-to-day running of the business. She is responsible for the vision and strategic decisions of the business and all the activities of the business